Monday, October 04, 2010

On Our Way to Germany

I just entered the mobilization processing site in Norfolk, VA today. I found it surprising that the first presentation to deploying personnel was by a chaplain on the importance of spirituality and faith in relation to being deployed. He talked about how having something higher than ourselves to believe in and rely upon has a tremendous impact on our ability to weather tough times and come through stronger. Many in the room were on there way to places a lot more dangerous and austere than my destination, and without the benefit of family visits. I was especially glad for them that those in charge of the process chose to begin it this way.

Also interestingly, today is the anniversary of the day that I entered the mission training center in Provo, UT thirty years ago prior to serving a church mission in Hong Kong, which was the last time I left the USA for an extended period of time.

I was processed in less than a day, and found myself on a flight to Germany the same day. Here starts this new adventure for me, and Annette who will follow soon.

For now, this blog will serve as a way for us to chronicle our journey for our friends and family.

Tschüss.

1 comment:

Leezy Lindsey said...

We need pictures!!! :)