Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Gonna Fly Now

I recently saw the new Rocky Balboa movie. I was pleasantly surprised by what I experienced. Obviously, a few of the later Rocky films left something to be desired in the quality "arena", so I don't think I was expecting much. But I was really moved by this show.

As I think back on the previous Rocky movies, I believe that there was sort of a “Lawrence Welk/Mister Rogers” syndrome going on--everybody likes to poke fun, but at the same time everybody watches, and is affected (consciously or subconsciously) in a very positive way by what they see.

At the end of Rocky Balboa, I realized that over the years I had been impacted in many ways by the Rocky themes of never giving up, of fighting, of surviving. In making this last movie about this fighter, Sylvester Stalone practiced what Rocky has always preached, and came out a winner.

4 comments:

Leezy Lindsey said...

Maybe you could never give up on your blog? ha ha ha

Annette and Rick said...

Good one, Linds.

Steve said...

Seeing that movie was like getting an enema...

Life woulda been just fine without it

(your daily dose of sarcasm brought to you by :)

Blake said...

Yeah, it was a good movie. Good times.